January 1, 2015
Dear TPAA Members, Family and Friends,
The world is changing, however, the goals of the TPAA to foster relationships among members, emphasize continuing medical and scientific education, supporting advancements in healthcare and medicine in Thailand, the United States and other countries are unchanged.
We will view this year 2015 not as a triumph of TPAA or any individual but a celebration of working collectively—learning what is needed at home and elsewhere-and how to accomplish the tasks in unison with others.
We will not forget today that we are the successors of the TPAA established in 1978 by a group of Thai physicians in New York as a professional organization for all Thai physicians practicing medicine and residing in North America. The responsibility has been passed to a new generation of TPAA. We are committed to the leadership in helping people by finding out exactly what they want, guide them in the process of achieving how to do it to get what they need and we will not give up until the objective is achieved.
To all TPAA members, family and friends, I welcome you to the society of unity—in order to assure the survival and the success of TPAA. We shall pledge to work together at home or elsewhere in the world.
We shall not always expect to find everyone supporting our views, but we shall always hope to find them strongly supporting the unity and the goals of TPAA.
Here are the events which will take place in the 2015 calendar year:
- First Board of Director Meeting on January 17th, 2015
- TPAA 2015 Medical Mission ‘Save 600 Sights” in the rural areas of 3 provinces in ISAAN, Thailand: February 23nd – March 1st, 2015
- TPAA 2015 Rural School Project in the 3 remote villages of Surin Province: February 23rd – 27th, 2015
- 2015 Joint TPAA-Chula International Medical Congress: March 2nd – 3rd, 2015 at Chulalongkorn Hospital, Bangkok
- 37th 2015 TPAA Thailand Convention: March 4th – 8th, 2015 at the Montien Riverside, Bangkok, Thailand
- Second TPAA Board of Director Meeting on March 6th, 2015
- Post-Convention tour: March 9th-13th, 2015 at Koh Lipe, Thailand
- Post-Convention Tour: March 9th-12th, 2015 at Siem Reap, Ankor Wat and Ankor Tom, Cambodia
- TPAAF 2015 Viking River Cruise: May 14th – 23rd, 2015
- TPAA 2015 Western Explorer Train Tour & Calgary Stampede: June 28th – July 7th 2015
- TPAA 2015 All-Chapters Annual Meeting Northeast Chapter: Labor day weekend September 4th – 6th 2015, in Baltimore, Maryland
- TPAAF 2015 Fall Fundraising Train Tour: September 28th-October 6th,2015
We are calling to you—not only to continue to foster our relationship among TPAA member—but as a citizen of the world who are willing to reach out and help others under distress from poverty and diseases.
We are sincerely grateful to those who have continued with their contributions whether with time and/or monetary support.
Happy New Year 2015
Chintana Paramagul, M.D.