This year, the Southern Chapter will host the TPAA All Chapters Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas over Labor Day Weekend (August 31, 2012 – September 2, 2012)
Summary of 2008 TPAA Annual Meeting
The Southern Chapter of the Thai Physicians Association of America (TPAA) hosted an annual meeting that combined the Southern, Midwest, and Western Chapters meeting on Labor Day weekend, August 29-31, 2008 at the Hilton Airport Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The purpose of the meeting included:
- Promoting the advancement of medical and scientific knowledge.
- Advancing and maintaining the highest possible medical standards and ethics.
- Fostering measures and conducting activities directed towards the sustenance and advancement of health care delivery and education in Thailand.
- Establishing and promoting liaison and cooperation with related organizations in Thailand, the United States, and other countries.
- Maintaining close association and fraternity among its members.
The Minister Counselor, Mr. Damrong Kraikruan, from the Royal Thai Embassy was the guest of honor who participated in the Gala Dinner. There were several activities during the 3-day meeting including:
- The reception to welcome TPAA members and Board of Directors meeting on the first evening
- Golf tournaments
- Thai karaoke night
- A city tour of Georgia Aquarium and Stone Mountain Park
- Special presentations on
- “Retirement Planning” by Dr. Wasana Pangan from Merrill Lynch
- “The revolution of public health system towards National universal healthcare coverage“ by Dr. Winai Sawaddiworn and Dr. Paichit Pawabutr from the National Health Security Office (NHSO), Thailand Ministry of Public Health
- Local Chapter meetings
- The gala dinner
- Favorite entertainments and cultural performances (Rabum-4-park, Thai classical-dress fantasy show, Rabum dow-wa-dung, Ram manora buchayan and Dance show)
- Farewell breakfast
Three sessions of the CME were presented at the Hilton Amphitheater by the following speakers:
- Dr. Usah Lilavivat presented the session on ”Osteoporosis”
- Dr. Chintana Paramagul presented the session on ”Radiologic aspects of breast cancer”
- Dr. Vin Tangpricha presented the session on ”Vitamin D updates”
About 250 families and friends of TPAA members participated in this 2008 TPAA annual meeting. The CME was very well attended. The TPAA members had expressed their enjoyment, happiness and satisfaction to Southern Chapter’s meeting organizers.
To see the Thai version of this summary, click here to see the TPAA Southern Chapter’s Yearkbook (PDF / 2.2MB).